NS922
About Me
02/09/2011 05:22 AM (UTC)
Casselman Wrote:
Ummm. HOW do you forget this? easily my #1 pic.

this x 100. His mask is what does it, Cold steele with a lining? beats a tight fitting cloth any day. and its got such character.

This, all the way.
evilekim
02/09/2011 05:33 AM (UTC)
Deception Costume! Maybe the mask could break off during a fight. The modern graphics would make this outfit look amazing. An unmasked look would be cool too.
Rastabortionist
About Me

One more ounce will make me feel so great.... wait... now i cant feel my face.

02/09/2011 05:40 AM (UTC)
I love the MKSM look almost entirely. However, I've never been a fan of ninjas wearing big pieces of armor (shoulder pads).

That icy mask look is amazing tho. why have i never seen it?

D.A. and Deception sucked imo. Absolutely hated them.
Zmoke
02/09/2011 05:43 AM (UTC)
I guess it has to be the first option updated, now with black hair. An unmasked costume based to the MK3 attire would be needed.
m0s3pH
About Me

Mortal Kombat Online - Community Manager

| Twitch | YouTube | Lawful Chaos |

Signature and avatar by ThePredator151

02/09/2011 05:53 AM (UTC)
MK3 look sans scar. I have a feeling that might change.
Shadaloo
About Me
MK Khronology: 58.49% complete...
02/09/2011 06:01 AM (UTC)
Modified unmasked. I like his MKSM look, it was great, but if we're to have one masked as a main already, I'd prefer the unmasked option as his second. Best of both worlds.

MK Deception costume shouldn't even be an option, really. I like it, but that armor was actually a part of his story, he discovered it along with his heritage during MKD. This is the wrong time for it.
QueenAhnka
About Me

Rebel. Outsider. Fan Of The Obscure. Politically Incorrect. Spitfire!

02/09/2011 06:28 AM (UTC)
Definitely his Mortal Kombat 3 outfit. But may I request he look less like Brody Jenner and more like a...well... I don't know, Chinese ninja?

Something like this would be perfect-

Vasculio
02/09/2011 06:57 AM (UTC)
ProfesserAhnka Wrote:
Definitely his Mortal Kombat 3 outfit. But may I request he look less like Brody Jenner and more like a...well... I don't know, Chinese ninja?

I agree with this sub-zero

I didn't like the unmasked one from Deadly Aliance or the ponytailed bald one from Deception.

This is suitable wink
T-rex
About Me

02/09/2011 07:24 AM (UTC)
I am the only one who just didn't care for his MKSM design at all?
QueenAhnka
About Me

02/09/2011 07:28 AM (UTC)
Vasculio Wrote:
ProfesserAhnka Wrote:

I agree with this sub-zero

I didn't like the unmasked one from Deadly Aliance or the ponytailed bald one from Deception.

This is suitable wink

Not only is it suitable, but he's fucking hot! Lord knows MK needs to step it up when it comes to guy candy. Kudos to whoever made the picture.grin
Bezou
About Me
02/09/2011 07:31 AM (UTC)
Pretty sure that's an edited Jin Kazama. And no MK character has ever looked as good as a Tekken one.
QueenAhnka
About Me

02/09/2011 07:35 AM (UTC)
Bezou Wrote:
Pretty sure that's an edited Jin Kazama. And no MK character has ever looked as good as a Tekken one.

You can say that again.
unleash_your_tounge
About Me

"Life, for all it's anguish, is ours Miss Ives. It belongs to no other." - Ferdinand Lyle

02/09/2011 07:42 AM (UTC)
I really liked the Deception look. The fur was hot shit, and I enjoyed the "shredder" look for him. Second would be MKSM. Although, I still want an unmasked version in some form. Like others said, MK3 updated is fine by me.
MonkeyBanzai
02/09/2011 07:45 AM (UTC)
I'd give him his alt costume from DA (The one with the Dragon Medallion), but without the hood and the mask...That Jin Kazama pic above is pretty sick though.
Vomit
About Me

02/09/2011 07:52 AM (UTC)
Bezou Wrote:

Agree completely. MK renders are fairly decent, but Tekken renders are always just absolutely stunning.
krac_poe
02/09/2011 08:47 AM (UTC)
That Jin render seems a bit too metro for my tastes, and I'd like to see a more updated, detailed version of that costume
RazorsEdge701
02/09/2011 09:14 AM (UTC)
He has to have an unmasked costume with the scar over his eye.

I don't even think it's debatable. Anyone who suggested a second outfit with a ninja mask is just plain wrong.
ThePredator151
About Me
The Ultimate Mortal Kombat Experience
- Lead Graphic Designer - Mortal Kombat Online -

:G-play

:Story

:F-Design

:Cutout

:Get Sig

:Raiden

:Fans [1] [2]

:#LegendaryArts

02/09/2011 09:17 AM (UTC)
as the primary motivation for this alt... then add subtelties from

Since we have the masked SZ as the primary, these two are the only other ones that make chronological sense. I'd like them to play around with some mask-less MK3-MKSM concepts.

RazorsEdge701 Wrote:
He has to have an unmasked costume with the scar over his eye.

I don't even think it's debatable. Anyone who suggested a second outfit with a ninja mask is just plain wrong.

Right. To add.. he shouldn't be the older SZ from MKDA on... He should be this younger guy with the red scar.

Mask-less...probably shirtless under the vest... maybe use the chain maul somewhere..idk His arms probably shouldn't even be frozen yet..etc
Bezou
About Me
02/09/2011 09:36 AM (UTC)
I'm not suggesting a second masked attire. I'm suggesting they turf the mask from the primary attire. They've used that mask waaaaaaay too many times now. Time for something new.
ThePredator151
About Me
The Ultimate Mortal Kombat Experience
- Lead Graphic Designer - Mortal Kombat Online -

:G-play

:Story

:F-Design

:Cutout

:Get Sig

:Raiden

:Fans [1] [2]

:#LegendaryArts

02/09/2011 09:42 AM (UTC)
I agree. It's been like 10yrs (MKDA alt?) with basically that same mask on and off. Something new needs to happen.
RazorsEdge701
02/09/2011 09:52 AM (UTC)
I'm fine with saying "He should get a new mask, we've seen the MKDA one too many times."

But you're just complaining about his primary costume, his alt shouldn't have any mask at all.
Escrima
02/09/2011 10:02 AM (UTC)
I would choose his MK3 unmasked look as an alternate, it should come with the scar on his face.
T-rex
About Me

02/09/2011 10:03 AM (UTC)
ThePredator151 Wrote:
I agree. It's been like 10yrs (MKDA alt?) with basically that same mask on and off. Something new needs to happen.

I dunno,I like some consistency for once. Yes,we've been seeing this design a lot lately,but that doesn't change the fact that it's awesome. Maybe we should just let it become a mainstay of his design.

Besides,the Cryomancer armor did come with a brand-new mask design.
RazorsEdge701
02/09/2011 10:09 AM (UTC)
T-rex Wrote:
I dunno,I like some consistency for once. Yes,we've been seeing this design a lot lately,but that doesn't change the fact that it's awesome. Maybe we should just let it become a mainstay of his design.

I sometimes feel the same about it, actually, like maybe it's kinda nice to have one piece of Sub-Zero's equipment become standardized.

I just can't decide for sure 'cause it's not necessarily my favorite mask of his, I like the Mythologies design too.
BossBattleGordy
02/09/2011 10:24 AM (UTC)
I'd like one without a huge ass respirator, and the less armor the better. I kinda like the pants from deception though. It was a nice Chinese looking touch to his otherwise Japanese looking outfit. MKSM is also pretty cool too. But I'm sure he'll be mask-less. I always hated that. An assassin should veil his shit. I hope he looks chinese. Thank god for the klassic costume, I'm going to use the hell out of that one.
Discord
Twitch
Twitter
YouTube
Facebook
Privacy Policy
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.