QueenAhnka
About Me

Rebel. Outsider. Fan Of The Obscure. Politically Incorrect. Spitfire!

04/10/2015 12:47 AM (UTC)
Sorry, back on topic with Li Mei-

She looks the best she's ever looked.
Spider804
04/10/2015 12:49 AM (UTC)
She sure does
NinjaTweak
04/10/2015 12:53 AM (UTC)
Li Mei is probably my favorite character, but I don't think Kelly Hu = DLC.

I'm not convinced that she cost them so much that she would have to be playable to make it worthwhile. They want story mode to be a selling point to the single player audience. They need to step up the quality of story mode. They bother to secure good performances, even for the cameos, and they may have even known in advance that they wanted/needed Li Mei to be in the story trailer. If so, then her performance became slightly more important than some other characters' actors. That's probably all it is.
Zephyrus
About Me

If you're a dick to me, I'll be a dick to you. It just so happens that I'm good at being one.

04/10/2015 12:59 AM (UTC)
daryui Wrote:
Bullshit because you and others are stuck in denial. Cool. They said they want to do new stuff with DLC and that Rain has low chances.

They did in fact redesign A LOT (what I typed) of the NPCs and besides, no character has recycled models either. Be glad the writers bothered to include him the story to warrant effort into designing and modeling him.
No they didn't redesign A LOT of the NPCs.

They redesigned with playable against in game model: Rain and Baraka.

They redesigned without playable against in game model: Fujin, Li Mei, Bo Rai Cho and Frost.

They didn't redesigned (only added some extras to their MK9 models) with playable agaisnt in game model: Sindel and maybe Smoke (don't know if you can fight against him in the towers)

They didn't redesigned (only added some extras to their MK9 models) without playable agaisnt in game model: Stryker, Kabal and Nightwolf.

Guess who else got redesigned and was able to be fought against? Tanya. Last I checked she isn't currently playable.
Sindel_Fan
04/10/2015 01:02 AM (UTC)
Any pics or vid of that Li Mei you guys speak of?
somnambulist
04/10/2015 01:04 AM (UTC)
Sindel_Fan
04/10/2015 01:08 AM (UTC)
Hooouuuuu
Thank you!! :)

She looks less slutty. More delicate...
[Killswitch]
About Me

Shao Kahn did nothing wrong

04/10/2015 01:17 AM (UTC)
I've seen big name voice actors/actresses play minor npc characters all the time. That doesn't mean shit. I'm not trying to rain down on the parade or anything. I'd be pretty happy if Li Mei was a dlc fighter. Voice acting isn't really a good argument, though.
QueenAhnka
About Me

04/10/2015 01:20 AM (UTC)
[Killswitch] Wrote:
I've seen big name voice actors/actresses play minor npc characters all the time. That doesn't mean shit. I'm not trying to rain down on the parade or anything. I'd be pretty happy if Li Mei was a dlc fighter. Voice acting isn't really a good argument, though.

Who's trying to argue though? That's my opinion and I'm sticking with it. There's no "argument" or "Debate" needed.
QueenAhnka
About Me

04/10/2015 01:21 AM (UTC)
Zephyrus Wrote:
daryui Wrote:
Bullshit because you and others are stuck in denial. Cool. They said they want to do new stuff with DLC and that Rain has low chances.

They did in fact redesign A LOT (what I typed) of the NPCs and besides, no character has recycled models either. Be glad the writers bothered to include him the story to warrant effort into designing and modeling him.
No they didn't redesign A LOT of the NPCs.

They redesigned with playable against in game model: Rain and Baraka.

They redesigned without playable against in game model: Fujin, Li Mei, Bo Rai Cho and Frost.

They didn't redesigned (only added some extras to their MK9 models) with playable agaisnt in game model: Sindel and maybe Smoke (don't know if you can fight against him in the towers)

They didn't redesigned (only added some extras to their MK9 models) without playable agaisnt in game model: Stryker, Kabal and Nightwolf.

Guess who else got redesigned and was able to be fought against? Tanya. Last I checked she isn't currently playable.

Exactly.
[Killswitch]
About Me

04/10/2015 01:33 AM (UTC)
ProfesserAhnka Wrote:
[Killswitch] Wrote:

Who's trying to argue though? That's my opinion and I'm sticking with it. There's no "argument" or "Debate" needed.

I wasn't being literal with it.

Argument=selling point etc.

Point I was trying to make was just because she's a well known voice actress, doesn't mean they'd be playable.
MoodyShooter
About Me

Dedicated, hopeless...Li Mei fan.

04/10/2015 02:04 AM (UTC)
[Killswitch] Wrote:
ProfesserAhnka Wrote:
[Killswitch] Wrote:

I wasn't being literal with it.

Argument=selling point etc.

Point I was trying to make was just because she's a well known voice actress, doesn't mean they'd be playable.

You could be right. The problem I have is still why bring her on board for such a limited role? Li Mei's lines aren't complicated in terms of tone, inflection, or accent. It seems like an outright waste to bring in Kelly Hu when they literally could have hired anybody to do her lines.

Then again my confusion at this could literally be because I'm a Li Mei fanboy and I reaaaaaaaaally want her in haha. Ah well, the speculation is fun! smile
Immortal_Kanji
04/10/2015 02:09 AM (UTC)
I hope Li Mei becomes a DLC and returns into the next game.

Her movelist deserves a revamp like how Kenshi has in the previous game as a DLC. That goes for Fujin as well.
jdnice11
04/10/2015 02:11 AM (UTC)
Was definitely impressed with her look and her attire for the game. shame she wasn't playable
[Killswitch]
About Me

04/10/2015 02:31 AM (UTC)
Like I said before, I would be happy to see Li Mei as a playable fighter. That's just one more 3D era character that gets a rep after from what I've seen with the treatment of them for the most part ie Hsu Hao, Mavado, etc.
krajax
04/10/2015 03:15 AM (UTC)
What Li Mei was in the old timeline lol

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Li-Mei-s-deception-46653969

It's just a joke, she just had so much bad luck in the old timeline
Aquarius_D
04/10/2015 03:57 AM (UTC)
I wouldn't mind seeing Frost, Li Mei and Sareena appear as DLC.
ErmaSco
04/10/2015 04:50 AM (UTC)
I don't think Sareena would be DLC. Her potential isn't really huge without Noob/Bi Han around. Her model seems to be last minute inclusion.

moneyguy
04/10/2015 01:31 PM (UTC)
Li Mei does look great, but we haven't even made it through round one of DLC. That reminds me, the game isn't even out yet....

Also all this round two speculation and no Reiko?

I don't believe NRS would literally pull four characters from story mode just because they have a model. There are two guests in the first kombat pack, that should be what is speaking volumes here.
ErmaSco
04/10/2015 04:03 PM (UTC)
moneyguy Wrote:
Li Mei does look great, but we haven't even made it through round one of DLC. That reminds me, the game isn't even out yet....

Also all this round two speculation and no Reiko?

I don't believe NRS would literally pull four characters from story mode just because they have a model. There are two guests in the first kombat pack, that should be what is speaking volumes here.

True, but that Kelly Hu thingy is actually not a minor thing. Whether Li Mei,Reiko,Rain or even Daegon , this game must get another pack. Too good not to.
August
04/10/2015 06:49 PM (UTC)
Sindel_Fan Wrote:
Hooouuuuu
Thank you!! :)

She looks less slutty. More delicate...

I liked Li Mei's look in MKDA, she was dressed like an Asian female indeed (except the cleavage showing) and it was new to the series, her story was interesting too. Her alt was slutty though and so was her primary in Deception, that's why I lost interest to her, they made her very generic. Now NRS has a chance to make her interesting and original again. I would still prefer Sareena to be DLC though, this character has always been overlooked by the team and underrated by fans.
mkwhopper
04/10/2015 06:55 PM (UTC)
ProfesserAhnka Wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if Li Mei and Fujin were both amongst the next DLC.

Fingers crossed.

Sareena or bust
QueenAhnka
About Me

04/10/2015 06:59 PM (UTC)
mkwhopper Wrote:
ProfesserAhnka Wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if Li Mei and Fujin were both amongst the next DLC.

Fingers crossed.

Sareena or bust

NRS seems to be very fond of Sareena but they just never seem to get around to her.

I'd love if she did make it though considering this game is as good a time as any what with the Neatherealm war being the basis for everything.

All depends. If we do get a second pack I still think her chances is small. But if we managed to get a third pack her chances would be high. Pack 3 would probably have another female and I have a strong feeling she'd beat out Ashrah/Kira/Nitara.
Ravenbez
About Me

'Your soul is MINE!'

everything crossed for Reiko

04/10/2015 07:44 PM (UTC)
I'd like her to be DLC. It would be nice to have another traditional fighter rather than another tech heavy character.
Windice
04/10/2015 07:49 PM (UTC)
Ravenbez Wrote:
I'd like her to be DLC. It would be nice to have another traditional fighter rather than another tech heavy character.

Omg yes.
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.