hankypanky1
03/22/2014 10:40 PM (UTC)
Chris444 Wrote:
RazorsEdge701 Wrote:
Yeah, despite wearing her hair in exactly the same way Cammy does, she's apparently not a genetic clone, she's just some chick who, like all the other Shadaloo Dolls, was kidnapped and brainwashed by Bison.

Apparently she's from Russia. Which makes the French-sounding name kinda weird...

hankypanky1 Wrote:
Decapre and Cammy are/were dolls for M. Bison. There's more dolls.

Really? Cause it says here in the link below in her bio that Decapre is a clone of Cammy, Where as the other dolls are certainly not
Link - http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/mar/20/first-look-decapre-capcom-spill-beans-new-characters-backstory-her-hatred-cammy-her-moveset-and-how-use-her-effectively/

She could be a clone of Cammy, but still she works with the other dolls. The dolls are alive as long as M. Bison is alive.
KungLaodoesntsuck
03/22/2014 10:43 PM (UTC)
Here's some more Decapre gameplay

Click here
RazorsEdge701
03/23/2014 06:40 AM (UTC)
Zmoke Wrote:
Australia for instance is Western.

Australia is southern, the water spins backwards when you flush the toilets there. Everybody knows that. :P
RazorsEdge701
03/23/2014 06:48 AM (UTC)
Chris444 Wrote:
Really? Cause it says here in the link below in her bio that Decapre is a clone of Cammy, Where as the other dolls are certainly not
Link - http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/mar/20/first-look-decapre-capcom-spill-beans-new-characters-backstory-her-hatred-cammy-her-moveset-and-how-use-her-effectively/

Didn't previous SF games also call Cammy herself a clone of Bison just because she'd been genetically engineered to share some of his DNA so that he could possess her, because Bison's whole deal is his spirit can inhabit other bodies so he won't stay dead?

Granted, I've always been a bit fuzzy on parts of the SF story, so I could be off there, maybe Cammy actually is a clone with the gender switched like X-23 is to Wolverine, unlike the other Dolls, and has no backstory before her creation in a lab...but the Japanese do sometimes mistranslate the word "clone" I think, like in Final Fantasy 7, there's these dudes running around called "Sephiroth Clones", but none of them are actually clones and none of them look anything like Sephiroth, it turns out they're really just kidnapping victims who a mad scientist injected with alien DNA and such, because he was trying to duplicate the process that gave Sephiroth his powers.
Zmoke
03/23/2014 06:48 AM (UTC)
RazorsEdge701 Wrote:
Zmoke Wrote:

Australia is southern, the water spins backwards when you flush the toilets there. Everybody knows that. :P

Either you're that dumb or you're just trolling. South and North are opposites, then there are East and West. Even though e.g. Sweden is northern, it is also Western. In the same way Australia is coevally Western, even though it is in the south. (Indeed; it is recognized Western.)
hankypanky1
03/23/2014 06:53 AM (UTC)
Zmoke Wrote:
RazorsEdge701 Wrote:
Zmoke Wrote:

Either you're that dumb or you're just trolling. South and North are opposites, then there are East and West. Even though e.g. Sweden is northern, it is also Western. In the same way Australia is coevally Western, even though it is in the south. (Indeed; it is recognized Western.)

I told u, RazorsEdge is wrong on everything that's not MK.
Jaded-Raven
03/23/2014 06:55 AM (UTC)
Zmoke Wrote:
RazorsEdge701 Wrote:
Zmoke Wrote:

I hoped you guys would stop with these petty arguements.

All in all, everything Asian is Eastern, all the rest is more or less Western. The Middle-East, Russia and Africa are unique categories in their own respect.

Now please end this discussion and go onto the topic of relevance, thank you.
Zmoke
03/23/2014 06:59 AM (UTC)
It was RazorsEdge701 who wanted to continue that, so I corrected him.
RazorsEdge701
03/23/2014 07:00 AM (UTC)
Zmoke Wrote:
RazorsEdge701 Wrote:
Zmoke Wrote:

Well it's in the Southern Hemisphere and the Eastern Hemisphere, so the only argument I can see you having for it being part of "the west" is that they speak English there, as if to say "The East" and "The West" actually have nothing to do with geographical location or the cardinal directions...

And you do have a history of making things up in your own head and citing stuff you vaguely overheard from unreliable sources and then trying to pass them off as legit scholastic knowledge. You also seem to be on some kind of mission lately to prove that you know more than me about one thing or another (especially foreign countries and languages), even when I never claimed to be an expert about that thing, as if we're in some sort of silly competition, and you've been gradually sounding more and more hostile each time you start one of these debates...so at this point, poking a little fun at you to lighten the mood seems an appropriate response.

Like remember that time you tried to tell everybody that "Cyrax" is a real word in Arabic, and that "Oni" is pronounced "one-eye" even though they say it out loud in the games all the time? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Zmoke
03/23/2014 07:39 AM (UTC)
RazorsEdge701 Wrote:
Zmoke Wrote:
RazorsEdge701 Wrote:
Zmoke Wrote:

Well it's in the Southern Hemisphere and the Eastern Hemisphere, so the only argument I can see you having for it being part of "the west" is that they speak English there, as if to say "The East" and "The West" actually have nothing to do with geographical location or the cardinal directions...

Oh I can't just leave it here. But that moron deserves skulls for prolonging this. In Hong Kong they also speak English in case you didn't know; and Australia is Western because it is a constitutional monarchy whose queen is Queen Elizabeth from Great Britain. (Also it aligns towards USA's side.)

RazorsEdge701 Wrote:
And you do have a history of making things up in your own head and citing stuff you vaguely overheard from unreliable sources and then trying to pass them off as legit scholastic knowledge. You also seem to be on some kind of mission lately to prove that you know more than me about one thing or another (especially foreign countries and languages), even when I never claimed to know much about that thing, as if we're in some sort of silly competition, and you've been gradually sounding more and more hostile each time you start one of these debates...so at this point, poking a little fun at you to lighten the mood seems an appropriate response.
Like remember that time you tried to tell everybody that "Cyrax" is a real word in Arabic? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Now he is way off-topic. What the heck are you talking about? You make things up in your very own head right now, I don't know about you but I'm in no competition with you. That "overheard" thing is a blatant lie and I have never ever stated "I heard them say to me, that..." to begin with. Of course, everybody is fallible sometimes and you have to look no further than at RE701's action in this topic to prove that. It's just sad that you still nitpick about that "Arabic" thing because 1.) it has absolutely nothing to do with this Street Fighter topic, 2.) you were also wrong about Cyrax having no etymology, 3.) my Cyrax info was based on information provided by a Midway Boards member and 90% of my etymology stuff was good to go and 4.) you yourself didn't provide any significant etymologies to the actual thread, making you a pitiful nuisance. Obviously your MK outline is not perfect either and I could ruin your little fun too but I'm not stooping to that like you do. It's not bad but it has room for improvement. However, I'm not willing to enter a thread of a jerk like you and you probably are content with that anyway. Now, my text has been a bit harsh lately, and you know why? I'm sick and tired of you. You are a frustrating little nuisance who just focuses in nitpickery and when you get your own medicine, you're just more of a nuisance then. Also, you were totally wrong about Smoke's ending as well, but you never admitted anything. Still you are demanding others (Riyakou) to admit stuff even though you are hardly capable of doing that yourself, making you also a hypocrite. What a combination.
RazorsEdge701 Wrote: (He ninja-edits arguments in afterwards.)
even when I never claimed to be an expert about that thing
You are not an expert of Mortal Kombat either, claim it or don't. And even if you're not knowledgeable about something, that doesn't justify talking bullshit and passing that off as "truth". You are making a fool of yourself.
Jaded-Raven
03/23/2014 07:39 AM (UTC)
*facedesk*

*facedesk*

*facedesk*

*facedesk*

*facedesk*

*facedesk*

*facedesk*

*facedesk*

*facedesk*

*facedesk*

*facedesk*

... So, Decapre, huh? Yeah, ninja Cammy...

But no, she is not a direct clone of Cammy, gameplay wise nor story wise.

Here's the deal... M. Bison, the leader of the terrorist regime known as Shadaloo, kidnapped 13 girls from all over the world and did experiments on them to make the perfect super soldier assassin by fusing his own DNA with them, brainwashing them and training them in deadly martial arts. Cammy was the last one and the only succesful product of this which is why M. Bison made her his personal bodyguard.

The other 12 girls became The Dolls, Bison's personal army. Decapre is one of these girls, a Russian girl who resembled Cammy in some aspects, but has burn scars along her face which is hidden by the mask she is wearing. However, the reason why her fighting style looks like Cammy's is because she's underwent the same training as her and the other Dolls, however, each of the Dolls had their own specialty.

This official Capcom art depicts each Doll with their own twist (click on it for full view):

The only one that doesn't show her full twist is Decapre who is supposed to use claws in her fighting style.

Also, we have yet to hear what Decapre's full role is in USF4, but I believe Combofiend said something about her being infused with Bison's Psycho Power, which is why she is able to teleport and make that energy ball.
Spider804
03/23/2014 07:42 AM (UTC)
Careful my friend, you might suffer irreparable brain damage.
RazorsEdge701
03/23/2014 08:04 AM (UTC)
Hey Mick, Zmoke's calling me names.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
03/23/2014 08:09 AM (UTC)
Everybody not talking about Street Fighter: Yoga shut up!

Edit: Those interested in continuing an examination of The West might like to review the following articles and start a new thread. [Western Culture; Western World]
RazorsEdge701
03/23/2014 08:11 AM (UTC)
I'm just sayin', I know things are ridiculously lax lately...but we do still have some kind of rules, right?

'Cause he was all "So and so should get skull points" for...not doing anything wrong except being off-topic? While simultaneously engaging in open flaming? You gotta admit there's an irony there that's totally asking for it.
Jaded-Raven
03/23/2014 08:12 AM (UTC)
Those actually interested in the main topic of this thread, please read this and comment:

Jaded-Raven Wrote:

Here's the deal... M. Bison, the leader of the terrorist regime known as Shadaloo, kidnapped 13 girls from all over the world and did experiments on them to make the perfect super soldier assassin by fusing his own DNA with them, brainwashing them and training them in deadly martial arts. Cammy was the last one and the only succesful product of this which is why M. Bison made her his personal bodyguard.

The other 12 girls became The Dolls, Bison's personal army. Decapre is one of these girls, a Russian girl who resembled Cammy in some aspects, but has burn scars along her face which is hidden by the mask she is wearing. However, the reason why her fighting style looks like Cammy's is because she's underwent the same training as her and the other Dolls, however, each of the Dolls had their own specialty.

This official Capcom art depicts each Doll with their own twist (click on it for full view):

The only one that doesn't show her full twist is Decapre who is supposed to use claws in her fighting style.

Also, we have yet to hear what Decapre's full role is in USF4, but I believe Combofiend said something about her being infused with Bison's Psycho Power, which is why she is able to teleport and make that energy ball.
RazorsEdge701
03/23/2014 08:14 AM (UTC)
Thank you J-R for clarifying on the whole "how Bison's not-really-cloning works" thing.
Personally, I get all my SF information from the Udon comics and they're good...but I think the only characters whose actual pre-SF Alpha origins they've delved into are the Shotoclones and Chun Li.
Jaded-Raven
03/23/2014 08:26 AM (UTC)
RazorsEdge701 Wrote:
Thank you J-R for clarifying on the whole "how Bison's not-really-cloning works" thing.

Personally, I get all my SF information from the Udon comics and they're good...but I think the only characters whose actual pre-SF Alpha origins they've delved into are the Shotoclones and Chun Li.

I LOVE the UDON SF comics, though they are considered non-canon, but the whole Cammy and the Dolls part is definately worth a look, imo. Sadly, Capcom has never delved into specifics when it comes to the SF storyline, so it was amazing to see UDON take a shot at it. ^^

I have a few problems with Decapre's looks though. First of all, her mask... They steered away from the full face mask, not sure why though, but like with Tekken's Kunimitsu, I like it. However, it is oddly shaped. In some art it covers her cheeks as well, only revealing the nose and her mouth, kinda like a reversed V shape cut, but in the in-game footage, it shows her cheeks, and it kinda follows the edge of her hairline without being held onto her face... no straps or anything. It just looks odd to me.

Then there's her tuft of hair from her forehead... it's like Cammy's, but limp. It looks really silly to me. Overall, I think they could have been a bit more creative with her looks.
RazorsEdge701
03/23/2014 08:33 AM (UTC)
I definitely like the mask better with the mouth visible, the full-face one from the comics looks kinda like it has the hinged mouth of a ventriloquist dummy or a silly cartoon robot.

The in-game version does seem a bit...rough, though. Like there's a glitch where her cheek/jawline is sometimes visible in places where the mask SHOULD be connecting to the collar of her shirt.
Jaded-Raven
03/23/2014 09:14 AM (UTC)
RazorsEdge701 Wrote:
I definitely like the mask better with the mouth visible, the full-face one from the comics looks kinda like it has the hinged mouth of a ventriloquist dummy or a silly cartoon robot.

The in-game version does seem a bit...rough, though. Like there's a glitch where her cheek/jawline is sometimes visible in places where the mask SHOULD be connecting to the collar of her shirt.

Yeah, her mask looks graphically bad compared to the rest. It looks kinda flat and plasticy as well, imo. I hope they make some corrections to her mask before the release of the game.
Zmoke
03/23/2014 09:58 AM (UTC)
I'm aware of my response to RE701's derailment, but I was just stating facts; now that talk about irony itself was ironic, for what it matters. Back on topic: I think that Decapre will grow on many initial haters and actually obtain a solid fanbase. I do like her as well; she is not a stereotypical Russian in the way Zangief is. I really hope that she'll still be considered original in terms of gameplay, as much as she resembles Cammy.
Chris444
03/24/2014 12:41 AM (UTC)
Jaded-Raven Wrote:
*facedesk*

*facedesk*

*facedesk*

*facedesk*

*facedesk*

*facedesk*

*facedesk*

*facedesk*

*facedesk*

*facedesk*

*facedesk*

Is all that info straight from the udon comics?
Jaded-Raven
03/24/2014 02:27 AM (UTC)
Chris444 Wrote:
Jaded-Raven Wrote:

Is all that info straight from the udon comics?

Nope, it is composed from official info. As mentioned earlier, the UDON comics are considered non-canon.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
04/20/2014 11:59 AM (UTC)
- Ultra Street Fighter IV Videos Show Opening Cinema And Special Moves

Gosh. I really just love seeing these characters in motion. Love it.
KungLaodoesntsuck
04/20/2014 02:03 PM (UTC)
I'm really liking that Team Battle mode. Why doesn't Tekken have that yet??
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.