Voting for an exclusive Freddy DLC Stage
posted08/08/2011 08:34 AM (UTC)by
GrandMasterTRS

This is a voting petiton for an exclusive Freddy Krueger DLC stage. You can vote below of this post.
Official Vote Flyer:

These are just some screen shots from the "Wes Craven's New Nightmare" movie how the stage could maybe looks like.

I'm pretty sure the NRS Team got awesome ideas for this and it would be very great if they could do such a stage for all MK and Freddy fans around the world. PLEASE klick on this Link to reach the thread at MKUniverse.lu where you can vote.
http://www.nexusboard.net/showthread.php?siteid=10462&threadid;=1869&showpage;=1#pid54023
Thanks in advance. :)
smokeman14
08/03/2011 10:12 PM (UTC)
You need to put more Fatality videos up on your Youtube channel.
GrandMasterTRS
08/03/2011 10:15 PM (UTC)
Oh you like my animations?

My next animation comes in 2 weeks and this time with Sindel and Mileena into the HDTYM Stage. ;)

Stay tuned.^^
Ermacs
About Me

08/03/2011 10:34 PM (UTC)
How bout we vote for more DLC after Freddy instead?
mbnasir6
08/03/2011 10:36 PM (UTC)
They aren't making stage DLC, Ed Boon confirmed on Twitter
mkwhopper
08/03/2011 10:49 PM (UTC)
Grandmaster T.R.S., I love your vids. You should work for NRSgrin
SystemSCSnake
08/03/2011 10:54 PM (UTC)
It would be cool, but we aren't getting stage DLC
GodlyShinnok
08/03/2011 11:32 PM (UTC)
SystemSCSnake Wrote:
It would be cool, but we aren't getting stage DLC

This.
GrandMasterTRS
08/06/2011 12:21 PM (UTC)
mkwhopper Wrote:
Grandmaster T.R.S., I love your vids. You should work for NRSgrin

Thanks^^ my next animation comes soon.

Its really sad that Ed comfirmed there will be no DLC stages on twitter.
But its worth a try. :)

I think the NRS team should no try to focus MK10.grinfurious
BADASS6669
About Me

Sex is Evil, Evil is Sin, Sin is forgiven, so Sex is in.

I kill people for a living. Get over it.

08/06/2011 02:48 PM (UTC)
mbnasir6 Wrote:
They aren't making stage DLC, Ed Boon confirmed on Twitter

He said not likely he also said there wouldn't be Babalities with NRS anything is possible.

A Boiler Room with a stage Fatality
x1NF3RN0x
About Me

Frank West in Mortal Kombat? I wish! :)

08/06/2011 03:29 PM (UTC)
I wouldn't mind a stage for Freddy. Kratos got one so why can't Freddy get one. Bty GrandMaster T.R.S love your vids!grin
J-Slyde
08/07/2011 01:57 AM (UTC)
x1NF3RN0x Wrote:
I wouldn't mind a stage for Freddy. Kratos got one so why can't Freddy get one.grin
VertigoPrince
08/07/2011 02:35 AM (UTC)
Isnt there already a boiler room and a hell stage? Why put in more stages that have the same concept??
VertigoPrince
08/07/2011 02:36 AM (UTC)
Isnt there already a boiler room and a hell stage? Why put in more stages that have the same concept??
VertigoPrince
08/07/2011 02:38 AM (UTC)
evilekim
08/07/2011 05:54 AM (UTC)
Not that this will happen....
Imagine an Elm Street stage that is set right outside Nancy's House. Then lightning strikes and the stage turns into the boiler room.
evilekim Wrote:
Not that this will happen....
Imagine an Elm Street stage that is set right outside Nancy's House. Then lightning strikes and the stage turns into the boiler room.

i like that.

another one could involve the "" sleep kombat fearure"" with the opponent basicly being dragged by an invisible freddy across the top of the screen like in the first film.
WeaponTheory
About Me

"BEER ME!" - Noob Saibot

08/07/2011 10:58 AM (UTC)
So much thought to the idea but you're wasting your time. The company countless of times said that their will NOT be any Stage DLC.

It won't work online.

If anybody had any sense, they will know that a Stage is nothing but eye candy, it offers no value to the gameplay itself unlike a DLC Character. That means the sales of the DLC Stage will be shit.
And that's not what a company wants after spending a month creating the damn thing. So there's no point in even creating a stage in the first place.

I sure as hell won't be buying a stage. So if I come across someone online who has the stage, they won't be able to use it. A compatibility data for a stage will not happen because that's money the company is losing. Because if one is available (which it won't) that means I get to see the stage that you bought for FREE.
Which is why in Call of Duty, if one person in the lobby does NOT have a DLC Map, NO ONE IS PLAYING ON IT.

Sure, sure, someone out there is going to buy it, but in the long run. Both the company and the consumer will be wasting money.

If you think your opponent NOT having the compatibility pack so you can use Rain, Kenshi or Skarlet is disappointing, that ain't shit compared to a DLC Stage, which again, offers no value to the gameplay.

And I know someone is going to think:

"But what if you can program it so that the owner can play on the DLC Stage while their opponent is playing on a regular stage?".

This won't work if one of the stages for either player's side has a Stage Fatality or not.

"But what about programming it so that if a DLC Stage has a Stage Fatality, the non-owner will be placed in a Stage that also has a Stage Fatality?"

Again, won't work. Stage Fatality. That's different animations happening on the screen at the same time, not to mention that I'm sure every Stage Fatality does not have the same time duration.
Which again, is why a compatibility data is needed. Which again, will never happen unless the company wants to lose money.

Don't get me wrong. A DLC Stage is not impossible to happen, or a compatibility data for it, but the DLC Stage itself will not sale well if people have the sense of a mindset that if offers no value to gameplay.

In the end, NRS will lose money over it, I promise you that. And if they are smart, they will stick to their word of not releasing DLC Stages.
Unless they release the MK stages from MKvsDCU for free since those stages are already done, simply because no one is getting paid to create a damn thing, it's already done. I personally wouldn't mind seeing the Special Forces Hangar, or the bottom of the Hell stage (after free fall) and that Shaolin arena thing.
Dragonkeeper1982
08/07/2011 01:32 PM (UTC)
It just isn't right to have Freddy without either a stage or Jason to counter him.

I'd say add in the old Assylum from Nightmare On Elm Street 3 and 5.

With a stage fatality where your tossed into the room with 1000 maniacs and they mutilate you like they did Freddy in the 5th movie; also during match the lights move by themselves like in the movie; always creeped me out.

Or

The Boiler Room - but due to his basic fatality is this actually necessary or an overdose of fire.

I do sense a Kamp Krystal Lake with Jason Vorhees though!!!
daryui
About Me
08/07/2011 02:06 PM (UTC)
Haha, no.

There's no need for him to have a stage. That's the only reason I'm glad we're not getting any DLC stages.
Sanguinius
08/08/2011 01:03 AM (UTC)
I'd like an Elm Street stage with a stage fatality kind of like the Flame of Olympus. You hold the character out and then some gruesome death taken from an Elm Street movie is keyed to which button you press.
TemperaryUserName
About Me
New sig on the way
08/08/2011 01:08 AM (UTC)
I vote no on a Freddy stage.
[Killswitch]
About Me

Shao Kahn did nothing wrong

08/08/2011 01:14 AM (UTC)
My vote is yes. Gimme that Freddy stage please and thank you.
JinCA
08/08/2011 08:29 AM (UTC)
Since Freddy already has a boiler fatality I'd rather the stage be Elm St and you have Nancy's house in the background with a slight haze/fog and the 3 little girls jumping rope chanting "1,2 freddy's coming for you" and you could do a day and night version of the stage or have it go back and forth between dream state and reality.
Ermacs
About Me

08/08/2011 08:34 AM (UTC)
JinCA Wrote:
Since Freddy already has a boiler fatality I'd rather the stage be Elm St and you have Nancy's house in the background with a slight haze/fog and the 3 little girls jumping rope chanting "1,2 freddy's coming for you" and you could do a day and night version of the stage or have it go back and forth between dream state and reality.

This! Awesome, just reading it made my neck hair stand up!
Pages: 1
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.