A positive thread for fans like me and you.
posted02/18/2011 05:04 AM (UTC)by
maximus12
About Me

What do you like about this game?

Do you think this is the best MK game so far?

How are the arenas for you over the top?

Costumes? To much or to little? If so who is it? what's your opinion on it?

Fatalities? Which is your fave?

Did I do wrong by making this thread? Probably.

Remember this is your opinion I don't want no fighting and such we can leave that to other threads.

Stay classy MKO

wink
MadameBordella
About Me
Aw yeah, new MK!
02/11/2011 07:11 AM (UTC)
The arenas in this game are fucking incredible. Shang Tsung's garden, Goro's Lair, and the Church are my favorites of the ones we've seen so far. smile
maximus12
02/11/2011 07:43 AM (UTC)
MadameBordella Wrote:
The arenas in this game are fucking incredible. Shang Tsung's garden, Goro's Lair, and the Church are my favorites of the ones we've seen so far. smile

There's no doubt there awesome I can't wait to see the rest
fedegita
02/11/2011 07:52 AM (UTC)
This is a great thread

The stages (GORGEOUS!!!) - specially the Dead Pool and the Pit II - have yet to see Goro's lair
The quality and level of detail going into the characters.

Very much so, I really think it will be the best since Deadly Alliance.

How are the arenas for you? over the top?
Not at all, they're beautiful. I hope they don't go over the top with stage fatalities (I could do without them except maybe one or two, personally)

All the women so far = too little (cover up for goodness' sake)
Everyone else = pretty spot-on. I've said this elsewhere, but Jax looks amazing with his black metal implanted arms

Haven't seen them all yet (want them to be a surprise) but King Lao's floor slicer hat fatality is about the best fatality I've ever seen. Ever.

Did I do wrong by making this thread?
Nope, it's a great thread.

Remember this is your opinion I don't want no fighting and such we can leave that to other threads.
Right on. Too many people 'round here think their opinions are gospel. Pretty sad, but hey, like you said let's leave that to other threads.
Darkhound74
02/11/2011 07:56 AM (UTC)
MadameBordella Wrote:

I would have to agree on those as well they are just down amazing looking and the atmosphere they each portray is awesome.

I wll say this though I'm looking forward to this "Lin Kuei Laboratory" level it sounds epic.
fedegita
02/11/2011 07:59 AM (UTC)
Darkhound74 Wrote:
I wll say this though I'm looking forward to this "Lin Kuei Laboratory" level it sounds epic.

That one's bound to be awesome. It has bodies of warriors undergoing the cyborg transformation everywhere for godsakes
jack4813
02/11/2011 09:13 AM (UTC)
Nice thread!! I think you should get dragon points for this, partner.

Everything looks awesome. Well the only costume I don't like so far is reptiles (if it's going back to 1-3, why is reptile fully devolved?) But thats cool cause im pr-ordering off of amazon!!!

Can't wait.
-NIGHTWOLF-
02/11/2011 09:43 AM (UTC)
Q:What do you like about this game?

A:The attention to detail that every single part of the game is getting. From character's appeances, personality, moves and story to the simply stunning arenas. The gameplay looks to be real fun too.

Q:Do you think this is the best MK game so far?

A: So far yes. The team seem focused on delivering a quality Mortal Kombat fighting game.

Q:How are the arenas for you over the top?

A: Easily the best in the series. So much more detail. Shang Tsung's Garden wow

Q:Costumes? To much or to little? If so who is it? what's your opinion on it?

Great. Making each character look distinct. Some are a little dull but most are very good.

Q:Fatalities? Which is your fave?

A: They are pretty good a bit less hack and slash and something more creative would be nice to see. Sektor's homing missiles fatality is easily my favourite. It's one of the more creative fatalities I've seen in this MK game.

Q:Did I do wrong by making this thread? Probably.

A: No. Everyone has their own opinion. Some of the constant negative stuff gets annoying. It's nice to see some positive stuff.smile

maximus12
02/11/2011 08:23 PM (UTC)
jack4813 Wrote:
Nice thread!! I think you should get dragon points for this, partner.

Everything looks awesome. Well the only costume I don't like so far is reptiles (if it's going back to 1-3, why is reptile fully devolved?) But thats cool cause im pr-ordering off of amazon!!!

Can't wait.

Reptile does look bad they could do a lot more on him maybe his alt will be better. Can't wait to see the Lin kuei lab sounds awesome.
Bezou
About Me
02/11/2011 08:45 PM (UTC)

The tone. They're getting it right for the first time in a long time. Dark, mystical and deadly with just a trace of humour.

The character models are fantastic, the best we've ever seen. Jax in particular has never looked better. Sindel looks great, Mileena looks great. Liu Kang has the perfect balance between nostalgia and exploration of his look.

The arenas are just breathtakingly beautiful, once again the best we've ever seen. When I see the moon in the background of the Pit, it excites me and makes me want to see more.

I like that they're going back to the roots of the series, dealing with the most important characters and leaving out a lot of the filler.

Only time will tell in that regard. Do I think it has the potential to be the best MK game so far? Absolutely. But we won't know until we get our hands on it and play it. A lot.

The arenas look amazing, almost to the point of being distracting from the fighting, but I think they'll be outstanding. I definitely do not think they're over the top.

Too much? Scorpion, for sure. The cyberninjas are borderline excessive. Johnny Cage's tattoo.

Too little? Kitana's outfit. Sonya's outfit. We expect Mileena to be magically booblicious, but I think some of the other female characters could cover up some, particularly with battle damage being in play.

For the most part though, I think the costumes are very well done and I hope the alts are just as good if not better.

I've only seen a few, not because I'm avoiding spoilers but because I haven't seen all the vids. Liu Kang's is easily my favourite of the ones I've seen. It is simple, brutal and effective. It's also, as someone else brilliantly pointed out, extremely in character because it causes instant death. Liu Kang has no interest in torturing his opponents and dragging out their demise. He kills because he has to and he does so in the most efficient manner possible.

Absolutely not. I think the reason people think I'm negative all the time is because I post in a lot of threads. And a lot of threads are negative. Good on you for giving us a chance to gush.
Scorpion2448
02/11/2011 08:46 PM (UTC)

- The old school roster of characters, the nostalgia, the return to the dark, glory days of MK

- Judging from what I've seen and read, yes. They're really trying to make this game appeal to the long time fans and I appreciate that.

- They're great! Very detailed and creative. I love how they polished old stages from the early games. I can't wait to see the whole arena list.

- I like the majority of them. They put a lot of detail and work into the character models and costumes. I think a few are just a little bit overkill (Scorpion to name one). I don't like Reptile's appearance and I feel Shang Tsung could be improved. On the other hand, everyone else looks pretty damn good and I'm glad we're getting some retro costumes. I can see why some people would be offended with the women characters, but I think they're fine.

- So far, so good. Like all MK games, some fatalities can tend to be less creative than others, but I like most of them. Kung Lao's buzzsaw is brutal! I'm curious to see the rest.

- Not at all

septillion
About Me

"She had a pretty gift for quotation, which is a serviceable substitute for wit." --W. Somerset Maugham

02/11/2011 08:52 PM (UTC)
maximus12 Wrote:

The design. I think, finally, NRS has recaptured the dark, gritty, and legitimately scary feel of MK1-3. The characters look wicked and realistic, not the plastic, gargantuan, rubber-faced models of the past few games. I'm all about some nostalgia and this game is bringing it in full force.

maximus12 Wrote:

Comparing this game to the classics is a little bit like comparing apples to oranges--they're just too different at this point. But I'm confident than this game will definitely be better than the other 3D installments.

maximus12 Wrote:

I'll admit the women's costumes look a little bland and derivative, and it's kinda hard to take those ridiculous funbags of theirs seriously. Kitana and Mileena I don't mind--they've always looked like that--but do we need to have every woman character with her midriff revealed and her feet strapped into high heels?

Then again there are a lot of good things too. Regardless of the skin show Sonya and Sindel in particular look fantastic--the care taken to design their unique faces is pretty impressive. They look more like their characters should look than they ever have, IMO.

maximus12 Wrote:

I'm trying not to watch them because I want to see them for the first time on my TV.

maximus12 Wrote:

Nah, I don't think so. :)
jpetrunak
02/11/2011 08:53 PM (UTC)

RETURN TO 2D FIGHTING / GREAT PRESENTATION / THE FOCUS ON STORY

IF THE GAMEPLAY TURNS OUT TO NOT BE BROKEN .... YES

NICE

I WOULD LIKE TO BE ABLE TO UNLOCK COSTUMES .... NOT PAY FOR THEM

KUNG LAO'S BUZZ SAW .... SO FAR

NO, ITS GOOD TO KEEP UPBEAT ABOUT THIS GAME, WE ARE FANS AFTER ALL
AcidSpitter93
02/11/2011 09:16 PM (UTC)

Im loving everything but I have to say that my favorite aspect has to be how individual and unique all the characters are. This is the first game that has me excited to play as everyone

I have no doubts about it

No way the arenas are beautiful and I love how much detail went into each one

I have no complaints about any of the costumes. I think they're all amazing and detailed as hell

Love them all but I really like Cyrax's net and Reptile's stomach rip

Did I do wrong by making this thread?No way man. It's nice to see a positive thread for a change
TemperaryUserName
About Me
New sig on the way
02/11/2011 09:29 PM (UTC)
maximus12 Wrote:

I'm still grateful we got a sequel and not a re-imagining.

maximus12 Wrote:

Overall? UMK3, but even without Ultimate, MK3 still beats the other games when all things are considered. If we're going by story, I'd say the best game to date is Deception.

maximus12 Wrote:

Truth be told, I'm not really into arenas. I don't really notice them beyond face value. So far, I haven't seen anything off except that they messed up the Pit II's original stage fatality. The spike impale just doesn't look good to me.

maximus12 Wrote:

I'm not really a fatality guy either. I prefer arenas surprisingly, lol. But I do love that they're bringing back the classic ninja fatalities unblemished, and I really love some of the ones I've seen now. Sub-Zero's torso rip probably being my favorite.

maximus12 Wrote:
Stay classy MKO

wink

I'm Ron Burgundy?
pdtMaverick82
About Me

I'm back and totally failed in getting the classic pit for DLC.

Shao Kahn, "Pathetic."

I know, I know/ I'm getting a PS4, deal with it Microsoft.

02/11/2011 09:59 PM (UTC)

-The overall presentation is excellent. I believe the MK Team listened to their fan base and reacted. We're in for a true blue MK experience. ( at least, I speculate)

-This probably will be, yes. It is hard to top past favorites like MK II just by pure nostalgia alone, but I believe we will be in for the highest quality MK experience to date. (Again, I speculate)

-Looking fantastic. I love the 3D backgrounds.

-I am loving the combination of deadly and risque for the female characters. I don't know whether to run for my life or to stick around, try to spark a conversation, and see where it goes!!

-Love 'em! Yet, I have been purposely avoiding those videos. I dont want to lose the shock factor. I have only seen Kung Lao's buzz saw, Scorpions face split (just SICK, love it, my fav), and I have a prettty good idea of Liu's among others. From what I have seen, I am super excited to see the rest.

- Of course Not. How could making a cool @$$ thread asking people to recap their favorite moments of the latest development process be wrong? (I think there's probably an inside joke around here) lol confused

furious
Seriphym
02/11/2011 10:08 PM (UTC)

I like just about everything about it so far. I am happy they have sped up the game and made it looks like a really fun fighter, unlike the past few titles. The best part of the game for me, is haivng all the MKT characters. I hope Rain makes the cut though. I am so happy that Sheeva is in! She is my favorite!

I think this will definitely be the best MK game thus far.

I think the arenas look fantastic. I am most excited about the Dead Pool and Jade's Desert

I am really impressed with most of the costumes. I am one of the few that love Reptile's new costume. The only one I am a little disappointed with is Nightwolf. I think its just bland and not enough detailed as it could be. Especially since he is one of my favorite characters. I can't wait to see Sheeva!

I haven't seen many of the fatalities. I am trying to surprise myself, and watch them myself in game.

Great thread!
Bezou
About Me
02/17/2011 09:11 PM (UTC)
I hate to graveyard bump, but -Ant- asked for one thread where we talk about the positive things about this game. And I remembered this one. Let's keep it alive this time, folks.

I am excited about Liu Kang and all his new moves.

Also, as you can tell by my sig and icon, I am excited by the prospect of playing as Old Man Shang.
dagnasty138
02/17/2011 09:15 PM (UTC)
...excited that I may finally be back into MK. I really haven't played on a dedicated level since MK3. I really only played the cabinets in the arcades. I was pretty meh about all of the console versions.

This iteration, however, has my attention.
Jaded-Raven
02/17/2011 09:15 PM (UTC)
Jade.
Her looks is just amazing, combining the elements I love the most about her. Many of the characters look their best in this game, and I think that's awesome!

Also the stages we've seen look incredible. They are detailed and beautiful.

The gameplay looks amazing as well, the best gameplay system in any MK game so far, in my opinion.
Darkhound74
02/17/2011 09:28 PM (UTC)
I'll be honest......

This game is making me like alot of characters who I could care less about like Johnny Cage and Liu Kang.

To me Liu Kang was the garunteed hero all the time and I guess with his "normal" moves compared to the other characters that's what made me stray away from him, and the same goes for JC as well.

But this game has showed me that they have put alot of work into making old characters gain new fans who have been around the MK scene awhile.

So with that said I might actually end up playing as Rain one day. It jut depends on how they put him together this game, because he is the only character who I just do not like at all........sorry Rain fans......DONT HURT ME!!!
-Ant-
About Me

created by DeLaGeezy

02/17/2011 09:32 PM (UTC)
Good work man, its a shame you have to go digging to find a happy thread lol
McHotcakes
About Me
"Never Stay Down"- Steve Rogers

02/18/2011 01:20 AM (UTC)
maximus12 Wrote:

I like everything about this game aside from a few nitpicks.

maximus12 Wrote:

I do indeedy

maximus12 Wrote:

There are a few costumes I don't like, but I'm still hoping for at least two alt costumes. IDK if that will happen though

maximus12 Wrote:

Probably Cage's just cause he's my favorite

maximus12 Wrote:

No you didn't

maximus12 Wrote:

Stay classy MKO

wink

Hmmmmmm...Now where have I heard that before?
l
l
l
l
l
V
Shadaloo
About Me
MK Khronology: 58.49% complete...
02/18/2011 01:30 AM (UTC)
Virtually everything about this game has me soiling myself (and others) with excitement.

-A return to the 2D plane? Check.

-Promises of fixing any gameplay imbalances which may (and will) arise? Check (if they do not hold true to that, I will do horrible, horrible things).

-An excuse to revisit the classic period of the timeframe, away from the latter games' hit-and-miss characters and settings? Check. (much as I do enjoy MK4, DA and D, everything after MK3 felt vaguely like unnecessary sequels to a spectacular movie trilogy)

-EX moves? Super moves? Check and check.

-3 goddamn hours of Story mode? Double fucking check. Believe it. Even if it's not a retelling, I am goddamned intrigued.

-Arcade stick with classic button setup? Check.

120 page artbook? Bookends? Check.

-Audio CD with songs devoted to the cast? Check.

Check it. I've stained the floor with positivity over here. Mop plz.
Jaded-Raven
02/18/2011 01:32 AM (UTC)
Oh, I just noticed that there is an actual list to go from at the top post. XD
Let's try that out then...

- I think the gameplay and graphics overall are HUGE improvements from earlier installments. The stages and characters look so detailed and beautiful, for the most part. And of course I like Jade in this game so far. ^^ She looks absolutely gorgous.

- Indeed I do.

- Not at all, I think they really nailed it this time. They are both dark and beautiful.

- I have a few complaints about a few costumes... Nightwolf's look too plain and boring, Scorpion's is waaaay too overdetailed, Sonya should lose the heels and add a top, and Kitana should look more like an assassin. Everyone else look absolutely amazing and perfect! Especially Jade. They took the elements from her past costumes that I like the most and put them together into one perfect outfit. The only tiny detail I would add to her outfit would be a choker of sorts, but that's about it.

- So far, I don't have a fave Fatality. Most of them look alike which I think is a shame... it's all about the dismemberment. I think they should have been alot more diverse and creative with the fatalities instead of just showing off their new technology. :P

- Not at all, this is a nice thread. ^^ Thanks for reminding us to stay positive instead of always focusing on the negative.
Pages: 2
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.