Tekunin_General
About Me

Twitter~Facebook~Youtube~~~~~PSN: Casselman/LockUpYourBones
01/29/2011 10:59 PM (UTC)
pax starts on March 11th if I am not mistaken. thats about 42 days give or take a day

we are already 1/5th the way there from this threads start!

daryui
About Me
01/29/2011 11:54 PM (UTC)
Thanks for telling me! I hope more compentent players show off the characters and that Raiden, Kabal and Smoke are in the build.
Zmoke
01/30/2011 12:32 AM (UTC)
Soon we have passed a quarter from this thread's start. When there's a month left until the release, we are officially near.
lordkirac
About Me

God of War is Back!

01/30/2011 02:55 AM (UTC)
cant wait to see kratos' fatalities and use one on strykergrin
Tekunin_General
About Me

01/30/2011 03:10 AM (UTC)
Im more looking forward to getting my platinum trophy myself.

my plans for MK2011:

-Arcade mode with Sektor (maybe Ermac aswell if im not dying for story mode right away.
-Tag mode with Sektor and Ermac
-Story mode in its entirety
-Challenge Tower
-Arcade and Practice a bunch.
-Tutorial mode (for the trophy it will no doubtedly include)
-Online.

I dont plan on aggressively approaching online until logging a good amount of time in Practice mode. I want to be at my best for myself aswell as any tag partner (likely MINION most of the time).

Until I figure out at least 5 different 50% combos and a good attack plan. Im not takign any chances. top tier records online is a must for me and im not letting anybody down, im going for all top kudos ratings from spectators.
CyRaXdF
01/30/2011 03:40 AM (UTC)
My mortal kombat bone swells with each days passing!!!
Shadaloo
About Me
MK Khronology: 58.49% complete...
01/30/2011 06:59 PM (UTC)
Casselman Wrote:

Race ya!

99 WAYS TO DIE:

Day 21: Blown up by a crushing uppercut from the fist of an angry god....of thunder!
Zmoke
01/30/2011 07:07 PM (UTC)
79 days remaining. Relax: Smashing Pumpkins - 1979
Shadaloo
About Me
01/30/2011 07:13 PM (UTC)
Slick. I've been listening to a bunch of Pumpkins lately after not having done so in a number of years. Currently have Machina I on repeat.
Zmoke
01/30/2011 07:15 PM (UTC)
Smashing Pumpkins is awesome. I'm listening to it too though I haven't bought any of their albums yet. You must listen to Soundgarden too, do you not? It's brilliant.
Shadaloo
About Me
01/30/2011 07:24 PM (UTC)
Hell yes. Superunknown was the very first CD I owned when I made the transition from cassettes. Very happy they're back together and can't wait to see 'em live.

My fave Pumpkins album is probably Mellon Collie. There's a song for every mood on there!
Zmoke
01/30/2011 07:48 PM (UTC)
Chis Cornell is such a talented singer. Spoonman, Burden In My Hand and not to mention his other productions and projects he's had. I'm glad Soundgarden reunited too. Did you know that they will release a new live album called Live on 15 in March?
Shadaloo
About Me
01/31/2011 05:19 AM (UTC)
Zmoke Wrote:
Chis Cornell is such a talented singer. Spoonman, Burden In My Hand and not to mention his other productions and projects he's had. I'm glad Soundgarden reunited too. Did you know that they will release a new live album called Live on 15 in March?

Yep, and I'm giddily waiting for it. Day I Tried to Live and SLaves & Bulldozers are two of my favorites....but shit, there's no such thing as a Soundgarden song I don't like, really.

A picture was taken of them in Pearl Jam's studio just recently. Fingers crossed for a new album.

99 WAYS TO DIE (Just realized I've been off on my countdown since like day 13, which I wrote twice, so I've fixed that. Bump up by one):

Day 22: Stabbed with a large bo staff, and shaken at such speeds as to cause tearing of skin, and then an explosion...somehow.
GMarioJ
01/31/2011 10:02 AM (UTC)
MK RULZ!!!!!
Zmoke
02/01/2011 03:22 AM (UTC)
Shadaloo Wrote:
Zmoke Wrote:

Yep, and I'm giddily waiting for it. Day I Tried to Live and SLaves & Bulldozers are two of my favorites....but shit, there's no such thing as a Soundgarden song I don't like, really.

A picture was taken of them in Pearl Jam's studio just recently. Fingers crossed for a new album.

99 WAYS TO DIE (Just realized I've been off on my countdown since like day 13, which I wrote twice, so I've fixed that. Bump up by one):

Day 22: Stabbed with a large bo staff, and shaken at such speeds as to cause tearing of skin, and then an explosion...somehow.

And it's a band that you can recognize even if you're listening to a Soundgarden song you haven't listened to before. Hopefully yes, there have been rumors floating for a while now that they'll release a brand-new album. Alice In Chains is another great band, have you listened to it? @Day 22: Been eating TNT? o_0 (though eating a small portion of TNT itself kills you)
Shadaloo
About Me
02/01/2011 05:49 AM (UTC)
Yep, huge Alice in Chains fan. Was very happy with Black Gives Way to Blue, and saw them a few months back, which is something I thought I'd never, ever get a chance to do. So glad I was wrong.

99 WAYS TO DIE:

Day 23: TOMAHAWK'D (Thus I begin my dabbling into the MK4-Deception period)
Zmoke
02/02/2011 01:57 AM (UTC)
Shadaloo Wrote:
Yep, huge Alice in Chains fan. Was very happy with Black Gives Way to Blue, and saw them a few months back, which is something I thought I'd never, ever get a chance to do. So glad I was wrong.

99 WAYS TO DIE:

Day 23: TOMAHAWK'D (Thus I begin my dabbling into the MK4-Deception period)

Oh yeah? I should go see its gig too once it gets to Finland. I'm glad that the band is still upright, even though no one can't replace Layne Staley, William DuVall was probably the best guy to fill the place. I came up with an idea that in addition to your death way countdown we should have a countdown with good music, as it seems we both like good music. Are you with me? We would alternately provide a song per a day from these bands, for the beginning: Smashing Pumpkins, Alice In Chains, Soundgarden and Faith No More. I think this'll be fun. Let's try to pick all bands quite evenly. Here it goes:

77 WAYS TO ROCK: Alice In Chains - No Excuses
Shadaloo
About Me
02/02/2011 06:25 AM (UTC)
If it's okay, I'll leave the music to you - I'm trying to keep my countdown MK themed, and It's going to be tricky putting the rest of the ones I have left into a sensible order (I want to finish with a bang). Just music alone for a countdown doesn't make much sense to me since...well, we're counting down to MK after all. No offense. :)

Also, I have never heard more than maybe one Faith No More song >_> They good? Def. check out Alice in Chains, DuVall is by no means a replacement for Layne, but he does the band proud and makes the songs work well live.

What I am actually considering doing later though, is a video montage of every single fatality I've named, in sequence, along with the Megadeth song.

99 WAYS TO DIE:

Day 24: Stretched out to thin proportions and exploding from a kiss of death.
Zmoke
02/02/2011 08:06 AM (UTC)
Shadaloo Wrote:
If it's okay, I'll leave the music to you - I'm trying to keep my countdown MK themed, and It's going to be tricky putting the rest of the ones I have left into a sensible order (I want to finish with a bang). Just music alone for a countdown doesn't make much sense to me since...well, we're counting down to MK after all. No offense. :)

Also, I have never heard more than maybe one Faith No More song >_> They good? Def. check out Alice in Chains, DuVall is by no means a replacement for Layne, but he does the band proud and makes the songs work well live.

What I am actually considering doing later though, is a video montage of every single fatality I've named, in sequence, along with the Megadeth song.

99 WAYS TO DIE:

Day 24: Stretched out to thin proportions and exploding from a kiss of death.

No I meant that in addition to your 99 WAYS TO DIE countdown we would have this 77 WAYS TO ROCK. Every day a new song. That'd be a cool apex to that, you should definitely use the song. Faith No More is one of my favorite bands and I'm sure it's a band you'll like too, though it's a bit different from those above mentioned. It's alternative rock. They reunited recently after ten years of their break. Try these songs:
Faith No More - Midlife Crisis
Faith No More - Falling To Pieces
Faith No More - Underwater Love
Shadaloo
About Me
02/02/2011 02:32 PM (UTC)
Zmoke Wrote:

No I meant that in addition to your 99 WAYS TO DIE countdown we would have this 77 WAYS TO ROCK.

I get ya, but...there's still no connection to Mortal Kombat within that countdown. It would just be showing a completely unrelated love of a few bands...so, sorry, but I'll pass.
Tekunin_General
About Me

02/03/2011 12:32 AM (UTC)
Shadaloo Wrote:
Casselman Wrote:

Race ya!

99 WAYS TO DIE:

Day 21: Blown up by a crushing uppercut from the fist of an angry god....of thunder!

Your on...

Im taking at least 2 days off of work for this game so You better be fast tongue
Zmoke
02/03/2011 01:46 AM (UTC)
Shadaloo Wrote:
Zmoke Wrote:

No I meant that in addition to your 99 WAYS TO DIE countdown we would have this 77 WAYS TO ROCK.

I get ya, but...there's still no connection to Mortal Kombat within that countdown. It would just be showing a completely unrelated love of a few bands...so, sorry, but I'll pass.
It's alright. We can listen to music in any case. I might keep providing some songs here and there to ease the wait for the launch day though. 77 WAYS TO ROCK: Alice In Chains - Would?
Shadaloo
About Me
02/03/2011 05:41 AM (UTC)
Casselman Wrote:
Shadaloo Wrote:
Casselman Wrote:

Race ya!

99 WAYS TO DIE:

Your on...

Im taking at least 2 days off of work for this game so You better be fast tongue

Oh, trust me. Everyone at my work knows that the day before it's out I'm taking a completely unexpected "fall down a flight of stairs".

99 WAYS TO DIE:

Day 25: Brain ripped out of skull.
Dirtystankbutter2
02/03/2011 07:40 AM (UTC)
Can't wait to get down on another mk game.
Shadaloo
About Me
02/04/2011 05:07 AM (UTC)
99 WAYS TO DIE:

Day 26: Deep gashes inflicted with a wrist-blade to neck, hips and shoulders, followed by a stab to the chest, the pullback from which rips the torso away from the head and limbs.
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.