Will MK9 Shang Tsung be old or young, and why?
posted11/20/2010 09:23 PM (UTC)by
TheWiseFlea
Assuming Shang Tsung will be included in MK9, which I think is a fair assumption, do you think he will be old or young? Or do you think his alt costume will be the opposite age? Or do you think they will scrap the whole old / young concept and design Shang like they did in MK:DA? (my favorite Shang)

Also, we've seen the old Shang Tsung in his throne room. Does this mean that his in-game model is old as well? Or, is that simply a nostalgic design choice? Shang's age is pivotal to the story line. If we assume a story where Shao Kahn is active (which MK9 is), then we could assume that Shang is young (post-MK2), forced to consume souls to stay young. However, this is inconsistent with his throne room model. Thoughts?

The best Shang IMO:

Another pretty cool design, but older:

Another great design:

Please, never again. Thanks, The Village People.

Milaana
11/20/2010 07:58 PM (UTC)
I SO agree with you about the first 3 pictures... They all look so different yet SO cool.

I really hope they are all 3 in the game, the third picture should be his main model, the older one and the DA one should be his alternate costumes.

Really MK TEAM they are all three so different and SO cool!
MKSquad
11/20/2010 07:59 PM (UTC)
Well I must say Wise that I LOVE his DA attire the best as well it was so awesome and his MK v.s. DC attire was pure awesome as well! I however want a mixture of his old and young look something similar to MK v.s. DC except instead of the ponytail maybe just long hair and a robe!
TheWiseFlea
11/20/2010 08:07 PM (UTC)
MKSquad Wrote:
his MK v.s. DC attire was pure awesome

I kind of just noticed that his DC costume is an homage to the MK2 costume without looking like a member of the Village People. It might now be my favorite too.

I think many people prefer a mix of young and old. It's tough fighting with an old man who floats, but he looks like a kid in drag in MK2, so a mix might be good.

How would that affect the story tho? Also, how would it affect his old man throne room model?
-Brad-
11/20/2010 08:15 PM (UTC)
Chrome
About Me

11/20/2010 08:21 PM (UTC)
-Brad- Wrote:
For reference: Shang Tsung in background

Wrong.

Just as Shang Tsung foresaw MK vs Dc and arranged for Vandall Savage to fill in in his stead, this time, he arranged for Hugh Hefner. In his favourite royal purple bathrobe. With a wig and fake fcial hair.

-Brad-
11/20/2010 08:27 PM (UTC)
Chrome Wrote:
Wrong.
Just as Shang Tsung foresaw MK vs Dc and arranged for Vandall Savage to fill in in his stead, this time, he arranged for Hugh Hefner. In his favourite royal purple bathrobe. With a wig and fake fcial hair.

Ah you're right, how could I mistake Hef for Shang, how stupid of me. tongue
m0s3pH
About Me

Mortal Kombat Online - Community Manager

| Twitch | YouTube | Lawful Chaos |

Signature and avatar by ThePredator151

11/20/2010 08:44 PM (UTC)
I know I'm probably the only one who thinks this, but I liked the MK3 Shang.

And yea, MKDA Shang was pretty cool as well.
Tekunin_General
About Me

Twitter~Facebook~Youtube~~~~~PSN: Casselman/LockUpYourBones
11/20/2010 08:50 PM (UTC)
m0s3pH Wrote:
I know I'm probably the only one who thinks this, but I liked the MK3 Shang.

And yea, MKDA Shang was pretty cool as well.

I love the MK3 Shang so your not alone buddy.

MKDA Shang is horrible IMO, great attire but his face looks rediculous. I think MK1 and MK2 are my favourates.

what do I think will be in this game? Old or Young?

Both, simply because of the MK story, I think he will be old in the MK1 era (weve seen this character model so this is pretty solid) and then be rejuved sometime after the tournament. This is a pretty good part of his story so Id immagine they are gonna do something similar.
Joe-Von-Zombie
About Me

Sig by MINION

11/20/2010 09:23 PM (UTC)
MKDC Shang was so full of win it hurts!

I think we'll see both old and young Shang, alternate costumes are so convenient.
Pages: 1
Discord
Twitch
Twitter
YouTube
Facebook
Privacy Policy
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.