MK 1 + Annihilation DVD 2-Pack
posted05/28/2007 04:28 AM (UTC)by
tabmok99
About Me

For the most in-depth, in-detail, Mortal Kombat lore analysis vids, there's only one source:

https://www.youtube.com/tabmok99

Apparently, the 2 movies can now be bought together - starting May 22, 2007 that is. I'm not sure what's different (if anything), Amazon just listed this up and there's no pictures and not a whole lot of information here.

http://www.amazon.com/Mortal-Kombat-I-Komba-II/dp/B000P7V4R6/&qid;=1179250012

What do you guys expect (if anything?) I'm kinda hoping they'll be big on the special features this time around (like audio commentary, more behind the scenes, both of which have been recorded already but not released on DVD's as of yet) and maybe they'll just release them as either full frame or widescreen instead of double-sided discs. Possibly some new artwork if they come in a box.

The big question (to me) is why now? Maybe there'll be a sneak peak of the MK3 movie?
lastfighter89
05/15/2007 07:35 PM (UTC)
The big question (to me) is why now? Maybe there'll be a sneak peak of the MK3 movie?

absolutely yes.
i'm pretty sure that wil contain special features,interview and behind the scenes...nothing special.
Jerrod
About Me
MKO Moderator, Story Writer, Actor
Signature by Pred
05/16/2007 01:05 AM (UTC)
I wouldn't buy it unless it was as cheap as buying MK1 separately, even if there were exclusive special features.
QueenAhnka
About Me

Rebel. Outsider. Fan Of The Obscure. Politically Incorrect. Spitfire!

05/18/2007 12:36 AM (UTC)
ummm. wouldn't get excited. it wont be anything special.
ReikoJr
About Me

-You're leading 2 things: Jack and Sh*t.....and Jack left town

05/22/2007 01:34 PM (UTC)
They are prob rereleasing the movies to see if there is still an interest in MK movies. Think of it like Family Guy. Strong dvd sales = comeback on Fox. So if the MK dvd pack sells good, maybe the "powers that be" will see that there is still people who are still interesting in watching a MK movie. Just my Thought.
prodigy004
05/22/2007 03:26 PM (UTC)
Meh sadly I already have both.
TheSilverSurfer
05/25/2007 07:00 AM (UTC)
If I see the DVD pack in a movie store, I will get it, because I liked the MK movies. Not all that excited about it because both flicks come on my Time Warner premium cable(Hbo1-3, Starz, etc.) regurlarly, then it gets tireing.
Fear_Breaker
About Me

"Blaze rules all! May killer heat waves cosume your soul!".

05/25/2007 07:18 AM (UTC)
I doubt a sneak preview of MK 3 will be in it. They didnt start filming.
Darklord_Xel
05/27/2007 07:03 AM (UTC)
Its $9.95 at Wal-Mart, and its just the same DVDs as always, only this time they're packaged together in a singled box labled 'Double Feature'. About 50 or so other flicks are packaged this way too, btw.
How about some real special feuatures for MK1!!!!!!

They were dodgy with the version i have. And yes a sneak peak of MK3 would get me all giddy inside.
tabmok99
About Me

For the most in-depth, in-detail, Mortal Kombat lore analysis vids, there's only one source:

https://www.youtube.com/tabmok99

05/28/2007 04:28 AM (UTC)
Having actually found and bought the box at Wal-Mart, I can tell you that these are NOT the same discs as what we've bought before, I'm actually a little disappointed. Though Amazon listed them as being in the Widescreen format, these are definitely in full frame. They did manage to fit both movies on one single disc, which I suppose is pretty impressive, but there are NO special features. I suppose this is a logical sacrifice to make, but in this case I feel it would have been better to make the discs double-sided. On the second side, either have them in widescreen format or have the bonus features. I kinda find this ironic since I was actually expecting more features than before, not less.

The case is silver and says "Double Feature", and it comes in a box that's almost identical but is gold. Here's some scans & screencaps of the menus:

In case I'm missing something and there might actually be a widescreen version out there, please reply to this thread.
Pages: 1
Discord
Twitch
Twitter
YouTube
Facebook
Privacy Policy
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.