The MKD Krypt Keys Guide: Unlock ALL characters, arenas and costumes
posted09/25/2006 03:30 PM (UTC)by
tgrant
About Me
Project MKK: Coming soon...

Currently working on: MKD & MKA - The One Ring Theory
I made this guide simply because it’s virtually hard to find a list of the Krypt keys separate from a full Krypt guide. This guide will make it easier for you to get what you want so you can ignore the rest of the other koffins in the Krypt if you wish. Imo the list is a must when starting Konquest.

I hope those who use it will find it helpful. It took one run through Konquest and a small period of time afterwards to get all the information here. I’m being forced to go back through it due to memory issues so I’ll update with extra and more accurate information as soon as I can.

IMPORTANT Notes

Some things to note are that not all the chests can be obtained before finishing Konquest (when you defeat Scorpion in the Nexus).

The second note is that the only Keys missing from this guide right now are the unlockable scores from the MKD soundtrack and those with the alternate character bios. The alternate bios are out in the open at any time and all don’t appear in gold chests. The same goes for the music scores. The scores appear as musical notes. I'm debating on whether or not to add these as they aren’t really hidden.

You do not have access to the Village area once you leave. You should try to get all the chests here before leaving, however, if you don't they will appear around Earthrealm in various locations. Unfortunately, I don't have those locations.

And finally, if there isn't a time next to one of the unlockables, then it will either be there upon your arrival to the location and is always there no matter what the time (so if you don’t see it, look harder) or you’ll need to use koins to get it from the Krypt, or there will be some other method which will be explained. Also the times in brackets are the times usually given by various sources as to the appearance of said chests. Some of them I found earlier or later than said and I have included that time afterwards. I will eventually verify them all and remove these other times and have the times as I encounter them in their place.
tgrant
About Me

05/24/2005 06:59 PM (UTC)
Village unlockables:

The following are the unlockables obtained within the village. You should get these before leaving the village at the start. They do appear elsewhere if you leave before getting them, but those secondary locations are not listed here..

Scorpion's alt
Portal arena
Kenshi
Bo Rai Cho Puzzle Fighter
Liu Kang's Tomb soundtrack
Beetle Lair Soundtrack
Ying Yang Puzzle arena

Character Krypt Keys

These are listed in the quickest possible order you can obtain them, with the exception of Jade and Noob-Smoke who are gained via koins.

Jade: Koffin OI: 2417 Jade Koins.

Noob-Smoke: Koffin DM: 3643 Onyx Koins.

Kenshi: Koffin ON: Key Location: C-3/Earthrealm.

It's in the village and can't be missed.

Kira: Koffin SH: Key Location: H-2/Earthrealm. (12pm)

Her key is found in the farthermost hut here. This chest is interesting as as soon as it appears, it doesn't seem to ever disappear.

Sindel: Koffin SJ: Key Location/Price: D-1/Netherrealm (9pm-4am)

This is the Colosseum type area where Scorpion chases Quan Chi. If you know where you're going, you'lll get the chest before you see the actual chase scene.

Havik: Koffin JS: Key Location: H-4/Chaosrealm

The chest is in a house in the area.

Tanya: Koffin DI: Key Location: A-3/Outworld Ice Caves. (7pm-12am) 6.30pm

Look for a cave entrance here. You can'™t miss it.

Hotaru: Koffin OJ: Key Location: H-1/Orderrealm. (4am-2pm) 3am

This location is on the long platforms that stretch out into the sky at the edges of the map. I found the chest at 3am.

Li Mei: Koffin PD: Key Location: F-7/Outworld. (In A House)

As soon as you train with Li Mei you can get this one in the village you're supposedly trapped in.

Shujinko: Just finish Konquest.

Raiden: Koffin MA: Key Location: E-3/Orderrealm.

You must have finished Konquest to find Raiden here. Beating him at E-3 gives you the key. If I remember correctly he does double damage, so be careful.

Liu Kang: Koffin OT: Key Location: G-8/Edenia (12am, Friday)

You must have finished Konquest to find this chest. This area is where the tent is. You'll have to search for the passage that leads to it. The chest appears BEHIND the tent and not in it. Be sure not to advance past 12am. Stop and save the game slightly before 12am and then go back to the game. This helps just in case you miss it the first time so you don't have to meditate through another week.

Alternate Outfits

Ashrah alt: Koffin EE: Key Location: H-4/Netherealm

On a pedestal in the section you can only get to once Konquest is finished.

Baraka alt: Koffin SR: 2252 Gold Koins

Bo Rai Cho alt: Koffin IB: 2086 Onyx Koins

Dairou alt: Koffin QI: Key Location: D-8/Chaosrealm

Sindel is walking in front of the house this is located in. This area can only be reached once Konquest is finished.

Darrius alt: Koffin TB: Key Location: F-8/Outworld

It's in a house in the area.

Ermac alt: Koffin QP: Key Location: A-8/Netherrealm

A-8 is the city wall area. However, the chest appears on the outside wall so to get here you'll have to leave the city and head south/south-west.

Havik alt: Koffin CN: 1114 Jade Koins

Hotaru alt: Koffin QT: 1064 Ruby Koins

Jade alt: Koffin GC: Key Location: G-4/Outworld

If I remember correctly, this area is Barakas camp. It's in one of the huts here.

Kabal alt: Koffin DA: Key Location: B-1/Chaosrealm

You MUST defeat Kabal 3 times whilst being unable to block.

The following mission MUST be completed before you can do this though and this mission can only be completed once Konquest is completed the first time.

Near the second teleport pedestal you will find Kabal walking back and forth. This is the same location mentioned above. He asks Shujinko to hide a map for him in the Chaos temple. He will then give Shujinko the item 'Map to Earthrealm'.

Solution: (Note: The portal at H-6 will only become active after completing Konquest mode) Head to H-6 and find the teleporting pad here. Step upon it to be transported to a new location. Walk forward a bit and Shujinko will automatically hide the map in the ruins. Return to Kabal at B-1 and speak to him again.

Reward: He will give you 400 ruby koins after a slight pause. Speak to him again to fight him for his alt costume.

Kenshi alt: Koffin SC: Key Location: A-6/Earthrealm (4.30am)

This appears in the village entrance/exit right in front of the gates (as you leave at the beginning of Konquest). I arrived at 4.30am and found it there. This chest seems to only appear at night. I'll try and get a time for it.

Kira alt: Koffin SG: 990 Sapphire Koins

Kobra alt: Koffin IP: Key Location: G-2/Earthrealm (7pm -“ 7am)

Kobra appears at night. You MUST defeat him whilst bleeding.

Li Mei alt: Koffin TE: Key Location: A-5/Orderrealm (7am)

You'll see Li Mei walking around in this area. Talk to her to start the fight. Defeat her in 30 seconds! I''m not sure about the appearance time, but I'™ll look into it.

Liu Kang alt: Koffin ER: Key Location: H-5/Edenia (1st of the month, 12:00PM-12:15PM)

The chest appears amongst the trees next to the bridge. I cannot stress enough that it is 12pm this chest appears, not 12am like other sources have said. Believe me I know!

Also, to find this, you MUST have finished Konquest, unlocked Kang and trained with him in Earthrealm. And you only have 15 seconds to get it and then it's gone. SO save at the appropriate time (a few hours before) to avoid having to meditate through another month. MOST ANNOYING ALT TO GAIN EVER!

Mileena alt: Koffin HL: Key Location: F-7/Earthrealm (6pm-9pm)

It's behind a hut.

Nightwolf alt: Koffin AM: Key Location: A-4/Netherrealm

you'llsee Nightwolf stood around in this area. Defeat him 3 times to gain the alt. You have to speak to him in another location (also in Netherrealm), leave the realm and then come back here to find him stood here. He'll be originally stood to the left of the Netherrealm city exit as you leave it. Complete his mission, leave the realm and return for the alt.

Noob-Smoke: Koffin EJ: 1494 Platinum Koins

Raiden alt: Koffin EM: Key Location: F-3/Edenia

Raiden is stood near the waterfalls on the right hand side of the castle area where Tanya held Sindel prisoner. Fight and defeat him. You only inflict 10% damage. Raiden will only appear here after Konquest is finished.

Scorpion alt: Koffin KI: Key Location: B-6/Earthrealm

It's in the Village and should be the very first chest you find within Konquest.

Shujinko alt: Koffin JO: Key Location: F-1/Edenia (2.10am - 4am)

The chest appears on a Tuesday inside a house.

Sindel alt: Koffin MH: Key Location: H-6/Outworld

It's in a hut. Frost can be seen walking past it and it's also opposite Li Meis village.

Sub-Zero alt: Koffin RM: Key Location: F-8/Earthrealm (7pm-9pm)

I found the chest at 6.30pm. It's in the Lin Kuei camp behind some rocks.

Tanya alt: Koffin ML: Key Location: C-2/Outworld

You must defeat Tanya whilst she is invisible. The Location is C2/C3 in Outworld which is directly in front of you as you leave the portal. However, before Tanya appears here, the following mission must be completed.

Start Location: A-7

Visit this area and you will find Tanya walking around near a mountain. Speak to her to she is searching for a cave in which to trap Liu Kang in for her lord Shinnok. If Shujinko can find a suitable cavern, she offers to pay him koins for is work.

Solution: There are two methods to go about receiving koins in this
mission. This is the first: (Note: You must open the Tarkatan camp by
proceeding with the main storyline.) Visit H-5 and enter a cave you will find in the back of the Tarkatan base. Shujinko will make a mental note to himself and you will receive the item 'Map to Cave' to return to Tanya.

This is the second solution: After speaking with Tanya, head to Lei Chen. Liu Kang can be found walking in this area in G-1, near a house. Speak to him to end the mission. It is implied that Shujinko informs him of Tanya's plans to capture him. (Note: After speaking to Liu it is impossible to speak to Tanya any further, even if you visited the Tarkatan cave before speaking to him.)

Reward: Return to Tanya: 600 ruby koins. Speak to Liu Kang: 500 ruby koins.

Arenas

Courtyard: Koffin OB: Key Location: A-1/Netherrealm

Dead Pool: Koffin JI: 2191 Ruby Koins

Dragon King's Temple: Koffin MO: Key Location D-7/Chaosrealm

In a house around 2am - 8am. The area this is in can only be reached after Konquest is finished. It's the same area you find Dairous alt costume. The house is one or two up from the house with the alt in and on the right hand side.

Dragon Mountain: Koffin DO: Key Location: H-8/Outworld

Golden Desert: Koffin AB: Key Location: E-2/Netherrealm

Kuatan Palace: Koffin GF: Key Location: A-4/Orderrealm

This is just left to where you can find Li Mei (when you fight her for her alt costume and if she's walking along the blue paths next to the houses). Be warned that she does wonder around so you might need to look yourself.

Liu Kang'™s Tomb: Koffin BH: Key Location: H-6/Earthrealm (3am)

This is on the other end of the bridge where Jax is standing. Also note that going to the left after coming off this bridge takes you to the Shaolin camp where you train with Liu Kang once you've finished Konquest. Remember you must train with him as one of the steps to gaining his alt costume.

Liu Kang'™s Tomb (Puzzle): Koffin HQ: 1515 Jade Koins

Living Forest: Koffin DS: 1694 Sapphire Koins

Nexus: Koffin JQ: Key Location: A-4/Chaosrealm (3AM)

It's on the outside edge of the maze area. You can see it to the right of the pool you go into that makes you age. A normal brown chest is also here.

Portal: Koffin GP: Key Location: D-5/Earthrealm

It's in the village. Be sure to get it before you leave. It's just sitting there in front of a house after the first bridge.

Quan Chi's Fortress: Koffin OQ: Key Location: H-5/Orderrealm

The chest is in a house in the area.

Ying Yang Island (Puzzle): Koffin HB: Key Location: D-1/Earthrealm

It's in the village near the exit.

Puzzle Kombat characters

Bo Rai Cho: Koffin ND: Key Location: C-6/Earthrealm

This location is in the village. Again, be sure to get this before you leave. It's right next to the first bridge.

Jade: Koffin GO: 2911 Ruby Koins

Kabal: Koffin MI: 2425 Platinum Koins

Kenshi: Koffin TR: Key Location: G-4/Earthrealm (8pm)

Mileena: Koffin GM: Key Location: Netherrealm C-6 (2:20pm)

As you enter the Netherealm city where the Portal is, turn left and run behind the first large building. Shinnok is stood to its left.

Raiden: Koffin PP: 3604 Gold Koins

Shujinkos moves

Note: These moves can only be gained after completing Konquest. I'll also verify the koffins they're in too.

Flying Bicycle Kick: Koffin PS: Key Location: G-4/Chaosrealm

The chest appears on a Sunday at any time in front of a house. This is the same housing area within which you find Haviks chest.

Flip Scissor Kick: Koffin OF: Key Location: D-1/Orderrealm

It''s in plain view at any time.

Foot Grab: Koffin DD: Key Location: D-8/Edenia (Monday)

The disc appears on a Monday behind a house in the area at any time.

Ice Blast: Koffin IN: Key Location: F-5/Oderrealm (9am)

I found it at 7.30am. This building is right across from where the portal is here. The location changes from E-5 to F-5 as you enter, so locate the building in E-5.

Power Fist: Koffin KN: Key Location: G-6/Edenia

It's behind the pool/pond any time.

Telekinetic Slam: Koffin KC: Key Location: C-8/Edenia (5-6pm, Wednesday)

This is next to waterfall.

Torpedo Dive: Koffin CG: Key Location: E-5/Edenia

As soon as you leave the portal it's right in front of you (walk straight forward) down a street at any time.

Spear: Koffin ID: Key Location: A-1/Edenia

Look for an alcove and go into it to find Scorpion. You must defeat him in battle, however Scorpion does 300% damage and heals.

Fatality 2: Koffin LF: Key Location: C-8/Outworld

This Fatality appears in a cave. You'll see Rain stood around the corner from the cave.

Fatality 2: Koffin SQ: Key Location: D-4/Order Realm

This Fatality appears in front of a building at any time.

Hari-Kiri: Koffin KK: Key Location: A-8/Earthrealm

This appears inside a cave on the 16th of any month all day. I believe it's the same cave within which you find the Earthrealm Kamidogou.

Credits:

To end this guide I need to thank the following for their help (in no particular order):

IcedOutLinKueiWarrior
~Crow~
MKKitana
the_shirt_ninja
05/24/2005 07:13 PM (UTC)
tgrant Wrote:
Village unlockables:

The following are the unlockables obtained within the village. You must get these before leaving otherwise you cannot get them without restarting Konquest.

That's not quite right.
tgrant
About Me

05/24/2005 07:23 PM (UTC)
the_shirt_ninja Wrote:
tgrant Wrote:
Village unlockables:

The following are the unlockables obtained within the village. You must get these before leaving otherwise you cannot get them without restarting Konquest.

That's not quite right.

By all means, please correct me.
KARATE
About Me
Thanks for the sig Pr0d1gYKomodo 1,

3 -

Mattthew -

PinkRanger -

Shinnok-fan64 -

Ulcatron 1,

3 -

Skinsley -

Nest1 -

Wiido -

Jago -

ThePredator151 -

RomanK -

MK2007 -

Pr0d1gY 1,

3 -

Bone 1,

2 -

Flameshang -

Barakaz_Cuz -

Hikari 1,

2 -

Kamionero -

Xtactics 1,

2 -

MINION -

DevilJin -

Mortalfool -

sbdjuggalos

Anybody want to make me a new sig?

05/25/2005 12:49 AM (UTC)
you dont have to restar konquest to get any characters youcan always go back to any world to find what chest you need.
Kabal0013
05/25/2005 07:34 PM (UTC)
tgrant Wrote:
the_shirt_ninja Wrote:
tgrant Wrote:
Village unlockables:

That's not quite right.

\

You were correct tgrant, I didn't see anything that needed to be corrected.
PhantomTurkey
05/25/2005 07:47 PM (UTC)
That's a great help thanks for that.
the_shirt_ninja
05/25/2005 08:00 PM (UTC)
tgrant Wrote:
the_shirt_ninja Wrote:
tgrant Wrote:
Village unlockables:

That's not quite right.

Well, after you leave the Village, all the chests you didn't find just respawn around Earthrealm. That's true, it happened to me with Kenshi.
tgrant
About Me

05/27/2005 07:30 PM (UTC)
Thanks for that, though Crow informed me of that after posting this. I guess I should update.
ThuggishRuggish
05/28/2005 04:06 PM (UTC)
Yea, you can get Scorpions alt outside the Villige, its in one of the camps behind a building, i dont remember where at sorry, but i never Thought of it then lol
skrumped
05/29/2005 06:22 PM (UTC)
Quick question. How many TOTAL arenas are there? I have 22 arenas however, in my Kontent when I go look at my arenas I see 2 empty slots. Does this mean that I'm missing two arenas or does everybody have that? Just in case you need to know I play on a PS2 (I don't know how diff. the other systems' versions are).
tgrant
About Me

06/04/2005 06:19 AM (UTC)
skrumped Wrote:
Quick question. How many TOTAL arenas are there? I have 22 arenas however, in my Kontent when I go look at my arenas I see 2 empty slots. Does this mean that I'm missing two arenas or does everybody have that? Just in case you need to know I play on a PS2 (I don't know how diff. the other systems' versions are).

I'm not sure ow many there are total, but I'm sure everything you need to unlock is here.
Versatile
07/01/2005 05:52 PM (UTC)
Twilight Princess will be ownage..........

Anyone know where to find Nightwolf in earthrealm?
ScorpianSkullFatality
About Me

BEHOLD THE FURY OF THE 3LD3R G0D5!!!!!

07/01/2005 07:22 PM (UTC)
Versatile Wrote:
Twilight Princess will be ownage..........

Anyone know where to find Nightwolf in earthrealm?

I believe he is in the middle of a couple of trees, but there are only like 4 of them and they are very small. He calls it the land of his forefathers. Ha.
dragonj87
07/20/2005 07:43 PM (UTC)
The chest to unlock Liu Kang isn't showing up, I'm behind the tent where it's supposed to be. I'm playing the Gamecube version. -*edit*- Nevermind, I got it now. tgrant says it has to be exactly around 12am, don't meditate past it. Oh and sorry for bumping this. sad
Abe2112
10/01/2005 01:24 AM (UTC)
I went to Edenia, beat Raiden, and I got nothing :( No key, just 400 jade coins. confused
tgrant
About Me

10/01/2005 06:16 AM (UTC)
Abe2112 Wrote:
I went to Edenia, beat Raiden, and I got nothing :( No key, just 400 jade coins. confused

If that is the case, then I would assume you've already fought him and gotten his alt. You just need to go to the krypt and unlock or if you already have, just hit start when selecting him to check for it.
juggalocj
08/09/2006 03:37 AM (UTC)
omg!!!! thxs for the guide lol i looked for lui kang for 3 weeks str8 i thought i knew it was in the endania but couldn't find itgrin
**Sub-Zero**
08/12/2006 05:55 PM (UTC)
This better work turok
Judge33
08/31/2006 08:20 PM (UTC)
Where is Nightwolf walking around at?? He's my favorite character and I can't find his alt costume, I really want it.
jackvanseven7
09/19/2006 10:02 PM (UTC)
Why cant i find any of shujinkos moves? I have completed konquest, in terms of getting all of the kamidogu, defeating scorpion in the nexus, and unlocking shujinko as a playable charecter, but none of the chests with his moves show up! the one in edenia E-5 is proof that they are just not there. Do i have to finish all trainings or what? i reallly need help!
paulding
09/21/2006 03:35 AM (UTC)
thanks tgrant this guide is helpfulgrin
tgrant
About Me

09/21/2006 12:05 PM (UTC)
jackvanseven7 Wrote:
Why cant i find any of shujinkos moves? I have completed konquest, in terms of getting all of the kamidogu, defeating scorpion in the nexus, and unlocking shujinko as a playable charecter, but none of the chests with his moves show up! the one in edenia E-5 is proof that they are just not there. Do i have to finish all trainings or what? i reallly need help!

Sounds bizarre that you're not finding any of them. That one at E5 is always there. As soon as you step out of the Edenia portal it should be right in front of you. Just to be certain, make sure it's the daytime when you arrive.
Ninja_Mime
09/22/2006 01:22 AM (UTC)
Was this unstickied?
RomanK
About Me

09/22/2006 01:48 AM (UTC)
Thanks alot for the tips tgrant.
Pages: 2
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.