Mortal Kombat X – Retcons Expectable?
posted03/07/2014 08:14 AM (UTC)by
Zmoke
There are retcons more-or-less always between the games but what kind of retcons would you expect to see in MKX? Could we see something as drastic as somebody being normally alive out of the killed characters?
Spider804
02/16/2014 02:06 AM (UTC)
As many retcons as there were in just MK9.......Duh.
Zmoke
02/16/2014 02:09 AM (UTC)
Yes, one would think that they couldn't hold on to consistency perfectly this time either. They probably don't want to ditch what was established in their popular installation but chances are that some things will change again.
Spider804 Wrote:
As many retcons as there were in just MK9.......Duh.
Well what kind of retcons would you imagine to occur in Mortal Kombat X?
Venkman28
About Me
I know what I have given you. I do not know what you have received.
02/16/2014 03:23 AM (UTC)
Zmoke,

The picture of Shang Tsung made me think, him and Motaro were not seen amongst the souls Quan Chi had when he showed Rayden what bargain Shao Khan did. I think Shinnok resurrected him in secret and is his backup because he knows Quan Chi backstabbed him with the amulet in the old timeline.

Retcons will happen as with a new timeline. Heck, there could even be a new timeline in MK X.
Zmoke
02/16/2014 03:25 AM (UTC)
Venkman28 Wrote:
Zmoke,

The picture of Shang Tsung made me think, him and Motaro were not seen amongst the souls Quan Chi had when he showed Rayden what bargain Shao Khan did. I think Shinnok resurrected him in secret and is his backup because he knows Quan Chi backstabbed him with the amulet in the old timeline.

Retcons will happen as with a new timeline. Heck, there could even be a new timeline in MK X.

It's an interesting possibility, Venkman28. Can you tell me more about Shang Tsung's potential side plot in MKX? He'd be a powerful aide.
Venkman28
About Me
I know what I have given you. I do not know what you have received.
02/17/2014 12:28 AM (UTC)
Zmoke Wrote:
Venkman28 Wrote:
Zmoke,

It's an interesting possibility, Venkman28. Can you tell me more about Shang Tsung's potential side plot in MKX? He'd be a powerful aide.

Well Zmoke, I've been thinking about how MK X would play out after watching the Story Mode for MK 9. Some people thought of the idea that Shinnok was not in the final battle of Armaggedon but rather he sent a clone to fight. This will be a long one to post so bear with me.

In the end, he saw what Rayden was doing with his amulet and knew he was up to. So he sends a message back to his past self with all of the things. The time travel also had the butterfly effect such as the different origins of characters like the Sub-Zero brothers, Sonya's father, Johnny Cage's powers coming from a group of sorcerers.

But he knows what's going to happen so he might as well tip the scales in his favors. He knows Quan Chi backstabbed him by giving him a fake amulet and later makes the Deadly Alliance so he needs a new sorcerer.

We know from the storyline Shang Tsung made a pact with Shao Khan even in death. Shinnok realizes he could be defeated but make proteges to carry on his work and show the Elder Gods fate cannot be decided by tournaments or predicted but rather let the people of the realms decide the future.

He resurrects Shang Tsung and has him do one task: get the amulet back from Quan Chi and he will free him from his pact with Khan. Shang Tsung will get access to the many tortured souls in the Netherrealm amplifying his powers. Shinnok would resurrect Liu Kang, but not fight on their side but to turn him against Rayden and the gods for their folly with getting most of the fighters killed. I thought as Quan Chi was taking his soul, Shinnok stops him and makes him a sleeper agent to keep an eye of Rayden.

Should Shinnok be defeated, Liu Kang and Shang Tsung would be the new Deadly Alliance. They would wage wars on the gods of the realms and let not the future be predicted by deities or predictions like giving them free will

He realizes that the tournaments and the final battle will bring the realms to an end and maybe a time loop with Rayden going back. The new Deadly Alliance would stop that and destroy the Gods and Blaze.

Quan Chi would eventually be confronted by Shang Tsung and Shinnok and Shang Tsung would take the amulet by surprise in a fight vs him like in the beginning of Deception. Shang defeats him with the souls of the Netherrealm but Scorpion snatches him before he delivers the final blow.

I had Sub-Zero return from the dead after being freed from Sareena and Quan Chi tells Scorpion that Sub-Zero has gone rogue. Scorpion tracks Sub-Zero and takes him to the Shirai Ryu's deserted home and fights him. Scorpion is about to finish off Sub-Zero when Sareena and Noob Saibot come in and show him what really happened.

Scorpion would learn the truth and then kill him freeing the undead good guys from his control. If there's one thing I remembered in MK 9's Story Mode, Quan Chi was dead on the pyramid steps while he's immortal, he can die.

It was just an idea I had Zmoke. It's unlikely to happen, but the Story Mode of MK 9 never left me so wondering what will happen next since seeing the introduction to Deception.
Zmoke
02/18/2014 05:47 AM (UTC)
Fun ideas, Venkman28. I think that it could be pretty nasty if Liu Kang didn't die to his burns and little shocks but instead turned into a Kabal-esque abomination. This Deadly Alliance of the greatest rivals, now it would be something of course. As to the Netherrealm leaders' unity; it will likely indeed crumble and that might turn out its downfall. Then we'll get chaos.
ErmaSco
03/07/2014 08:14 AM (UTC)
I want Shang Tsung back.
Pages: 1
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.