Ermac
posted11/10/2010 08:42 PM (UTC)by
Fatality_Check_123
About Me

http://fatality-check.deviantart.com/

Inspired by Vincent Proses' designs, just thought i'd share it :)

I know there's loads of stuff that could be improved, and i've been at this for ages but never seemed to have the time to finish (ironically i'm at uni now and finished it). I took a picture of my brother for reference with perspective, and i have actually got the whole character, but I decided to just colour the torso up to save time.
Vash_15
About Me
11/09/2010 09:40 PM (UTC)
Proportions are off. Now that the bitching is out of the way, I love it! The design really would work with Proce's work. I love how you mixed in elements from both his MKD and MK3 design, as well as using the Proce Scorpion as as jumping off point. However, I do have a few aesthetic complaints. The glowing jewels on his wrists seem like they should be on the other side, because those are things you'd want to be seen. Also those spots of brown just seem a bit out of place to me. Finalyl what's with the brown sash seems like it shouldn't be there. Though there's more to like than dislike.

3.5/5
Fatality_Check_123
About Me

http://fatality-check.deviantart.com/

11/10/2010 07:28 PM (UTC)
Yeah, now i look at it there are quite a few shit things i did there lol. Quite a few things don't really make sense such as the ropes around the wristpads etc. The brown isn't exactly how i wanted it, its a bit too muddy really. If you mean the brown sash as in on his head, then yeah...it does look out of place, some of the colour chioces definitely could have been better. If i had the time i would have made sure things made sense, and look at Ermac's history a bit more. The other one i saw on here makes mine look well shabby lol.

I don't know why, but that area in the centre of his wrist was not intended to be a jewel but like a hole so you could see the souls within. Makes absolutely no sense i know....

But, if anyone fancies giving tips in photshop and for anatomy/perspective then it'd be appreciated. I am pretty new to ps, and i know shit all anatomy wise, i'm in the process of learning that. :)
Vash_15
About Me
11/10/2010 08:42 PM (UTC)
I'd suggest hand drawing it first, getting a bit better at that, and just inking/coloring it in Photoshop. Take a bit more time. You said you were in a rush, but unless you were under a specific deadline, you could always take more time to make sure it's how you'd like it.I'd like to see you try and redo this one day when you feel you've improved and be blown away by the sheer amount of awesome
Pages: 1
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.